Naga Republic News
The final Draft Citizens Roll under the National Registration of Citizens exercise by the Government of Assam is reportedly to be published on 30th July, 2018. In this connection, the following Advisories have been issued by the State Government through an office memorandum of the Home Department.
- a) All the Village/Town/Municipal authorities are to take measures to strictly monitor influx of people from outside the State in violation of the existing rules/norms.
- b) Any unusual influx of outsiders should be promptly brought to the knowledge of the District Administration & Police.
- c) The antecedents of any new incoming tenants should be properly checked and verified by the District Administration & Police.
- d) All entry points/check gates manned by the Police should be strengthened to thwart any influx of illegal immigrants and mobile patrolling in vulnerable locations should be activated in the respective jurisdictions.
- e) ILP regulations should be strengthened with effective monitoring and checking from time to time.