Naga Republic News
The Opposition Naga Peoples Front in response to charges made by the NDPP against its Legislator Leader TR Zeliang in which it was alleged that the former Chief Minister was attempting to tempt the BJP to form a government has in turn alleged that the NDPP led by Neiphiu Rio has been seeking the support of few NPF MLAs to form a Coalition Government while luring them with Cabinet berths and assurance to sponsor their by-elections.
“Time and again, Rio has assured NPF MLAs that BJP would be chucked-out of the PDA Government to form a BJP-less Government, should the NPF MLAs come and join him. If NDPP do want proofs and evidences in this regard, the NPF is ever ready to provide so”, stated a rejoinder issued by the NPF.
Full text of the rejoinder is below:
REJOINDER TO NDPP
Dated, 5th Oct. 2018
1. In its pursuit to project itself in being at par with the Naga Peoples’ Front, the NDPP Party has started inventing pseudo-theories yet again and the hysterical statement of the NDPP dated 4th Oct. 2018 is nothing more than the whining of a Party whose downfall is imminent . In its attempt to garner support, the NDPP has advocated all sort of concocted tales imaginable. This very act of sending political messages with ill-conceived ideas undermines the intelligence of the present-day Naga generation and hoping that the Naga populace would buy such trumped-up story is downright pathetic.
2. To whom did TR Zeliang said that the tenure of NPF President, Dr. Shurhozelie Liezietsu is going to be over soon and that new arrangement will take place? The attempt to drive a wedge between the President of the NPF, Dr. Shurhozelie Liezietsu and Leader of the NPF Legislature Party, TR Zeliang is a deceitful trick which holds no water and will not succeed. NDPP claimed that TR Zeliang had informed the BJP about the tenure of NPF President, Dr. Shurhozelie Liezietsu and that new arrangement would be made after the present tenure comes to an end. This cheap allegation is highly irresponsible and condemned in the strongest term.
3. When and in which platform did TR Zeliang mention that the BJP leadership authorised him to form a new Govt ? By cooking up fairy tales and making personalised attacks on Leader of the NPF Legislature Party, the NDPP intends to divide the NPF Party. However, no amount of efforts to put Leader of the NPF Legislature Party in poor light will work as is attested by past events where several foul plots of NDPP failed miserably. During 2015 crisis related to Rs. 78 Crores money-laundering issue, Neiphiu Rio and Abu Metha convened a Press Conference and handed over fake documents of Singapore Bank where the name of G. Kaito Aye and Noke Wangnao were used and later the innocent two leaders were made to apologise before the people. If at all, the ‘long hands of the law’ (sic) has anyone to apprehend, then it is Neiphiu Rio and his men.
4. If the PDA Government is truly stable and firm as claimed, why does the NDPP not have trust and faith in its own Coalition Partners like the BJP, JDU, NPP and Independent? The perverse mentality of the NDPP is an open secret for the Naga public to see and understand because TR Zeliang is free to meet any pre-poll alliance partners, if he so desires. However, fearing that the NPF would do so, the NDPP Party has started hurling allegations out of anxiety in becoming a minority Party. On the allegations of what TR Zeliang said to the BJP leadership or what the BJP leadership have said to him, it is not for the NDPP but the BJP Party to clarify.
5. The NDPP led by Neiphiu Rio has been seeking the support of few NPF MLAs to form a Coalition Government while luring them with Cabinet berths and assurance to sponsor their by-elections. Time and again, Rio has assured NPF MLAs that BJP would be chucked-out of the PDA Government to form a BJP-less Government, should the NPF MLAs come and join him. If NDPP do want proofs and evidences in this regard, the NPF is ever ready to provide so. Such is the foul practice and politics played by Neiphiu Rio who is only concerned about his personal well-being with the least regard for commitments and promises made to friends and colleagues alike.
6. Albert Einstein said, “Stupidity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” The NDPP’s Press Releases are never complete without the mention of the educational qualification of TR Zeliang. This is a sad ploy, arising from self-doubt and fear, to cover up and stop people from discussing the fake B.A Honours Certificate obtained by Neiphiu Rio from Kohima College on a holiday.
7. Leader of the NPF Legislature Party, TR Zeliang has absolutely no hand in the mistrust or incertitude that exists within the NDPP led Government and whatever fate PDA Government meet sooner or later, is but its own creation. As for the NPF Party, it is prepared to be in the Opposition and play the role of a constructive Opposition Party and therefore, the present Government must focus more on Governance and less on their endeavour to keep their so-called ‘firm and stable’ Government intact.